The eco-friendly and sustainable choice
James Hardie is committed to helping you build better, more sustainable projects. As a leader in the building materials industry, our approach to sustainability extends far beyond our products and manufacturing process. While reducing the environmental impact of product manufacturing is critical, sustainable building solutions and construction involves far more than that.
This is how our environmentally friendly and sustainable processes, driven by the most advanced technologies, help us work towards a shared, sustainable future.
- Our stringent standards mean only the best quality raw materials are used for James Hardie® products.
- Our manufacturing facilities and sustainability practices are ISO 14001 accredited.
- At least 75% of the raw materials used are sourced locally to our manufacturing facilities.
- Our exterior products can be used to construct a BRE A+ rated facade (BRE Green Products Guide).
- Raw materials – Portland cement, cellulose pulp, sand and water – are all low in toxicity.
- Raw materials extracted and processed near our manufacturing facilities cut back our carbon footprint.
- We embrace the newest optimisation technologies for recycling input materials and minimising energy and water usage. Once produced, our durable fibre cement materials not only impact fewer resources for replacement, but help cut back maintenance and repair costs.
- Typically, the life expectancy of James Hardie® products is over 60 years. Our ColourPlus™ Technology delivers a high-quality, consistent finish to your facade that maintains its looks and does not require repainting or maintenance.
- The low density of our products means that they can be transported using less energy and enable increased construction speeds. We continue to invest in the on-going development of composite cement products recognised as being durable, low maintenance and energy efficient.
- The safety of building occupants is what matters to us. That is why all our fibre cement products are non-combustible in accordance with A2 and S1-d0 standards .
- Our Zero to Landfill Project demonstrates our vision for making our products as efficiently as possible, focusing on reducing our landfilled waste by half.