Form meets function at every angle with HardieTrim® boards and finishing. Accentuate corners, columns, friezes, doors and windows, and add that final accent to your design statement.
Wooden trim is an easy target: weather ravages it, water warps it and before long, wood trim will crack, peel and need sanding and repainting or even replacing. HardieTrim boards, made from the same high-performance fibre cement as all of our products, and Hardie MetalTrim™ are designed to work together with HardiePlank®, HardiePanel® and HardieLinea® to give a low-maintenance, weather resistant and perfect finish.
Bring definition and depth to the lines and edges of your building project with this decorative and durable fibre cement trim. With our ColourPlus™ Technology finish, the colour will last for years.
Tough enough to withstand the elements and stylish enough to bring definition and depths to the lines and edges of a facade – including corners, columns, windows, eaves and doorways. Made from the highest quality seventh generation fibre cement, our NT3 and Accent Trim™ boards are the low maintenance, durable trims for your HardiePlank or HardieLinea cladding.
You can’t go wrong with the clean, modern look of our James Hardie® MetalTrim. Achieve your desired finish with MetalTrim internal or external corners, made from high quality, coated aluminium. Available in all 21 colours to give your HardiePlank, HardiePanel or HardieLinea cladding that perfect finishing touch.
Our MetalTrim is easy to cut using a hacksaw or chop saw.
Why build a uniform house when there are so many flexible design options? Let’s use nature as a model and play with different textures, lines and looks. James Hardie offers every possibility you dream of: choose a mix of horizontal, vertical or diagonal cladding to give your home a unique look.
|Composition:||NT3 and Accent trims: Portland cement, sand, cellulose fibre, water, selective additives
Metal trims: Aluminium
|Properties:||NT3 and Accent trims: HardieZone™ Technology for advanced climate protection|
|Dimensions:||NT3 trim: 3655 mm x 90 mm x 25 mm and 3655 mm x 140 mm x 25 mm
Accent trim: 3655 x 90 x 38 mm, 3655 x 140 x 38 mm
Metal trims: length 3000mm
|Colours:||NT3 and Accent trims: Arctic White, Sail Cloth and Midnight Black
Metal trims: 21 colours
|Fire rating:||A2, s1-d0|
|Warranty:||NT3 and Accent trims: 10 years|
How do I cut HardiePlank® cladding and how can I control the dust?
We sell a range of specialist tools designed to cut our products quickly, effectively and with a minimum of dust. The best are hand tools like the HardieGuillotine™ which is available from your distributor. Always use approved safety glasses and appropriate EN approved respiratory protection (PPE #2 or #3) for particulate hazards when working with HardiePlank® cladding and HardieTrim® NT3™.
What types of trim can be used with HardiePlank® cladding?
HardieTrim® NT3™ is the preferred trim material for use with HardiePlank cladding. HardieTrim® NT3™ has the durability and paint holding characteristics to match the proven performance of HardiePlank cladding. Other trim materials may be used; however some of these may need a more intensive maintenance program.
What types of trim can be used with HardieLinea® cladding?
HardieLinea Accent Trim is the preferred trim material for use with HardieLinea cladding. HardieLinea Accent Trim has the durability and paint holding characteristics to match the proven performance of HardieLinea cladding. James Hardie also produce range of metal profiles – see our catalogue for the complete range.
How can I repaint HardiePlank® planks and HardieTrim® NT3™ profiles?
Specification for repainting HardiePlank® planks and HardieTrim® NT3™ profiles:
1. Abrade entire area with a Scotch Brite pad or similar (not sandpaper) to flat off the shine on the existing planks and trims. It is not necessary to abrade off the existing paint, just the shine to provide a key.
2. Wash down the elevations using a garden hose from top to bottom to remove all traces of atmospheric dirt, loose paint and dust. Do not use a pressure washer as this may damage the ColorPlus® coating
3. Allow to dry thoroughly. This will depend upon the weather conditions, but often a minimum of 24 hours.
4. Apply one coat of paint with a brush along the long face of the product taking care to brush the paint well into the surface. Do not overload the brush or allow the paint to run. Do not try to cover the existing color in one coat. Paint must be applied when the weather is dry and the air temperature is above 5°C and will remain so for the rest of the day. Paint coverage is approx. 10m²/litre per coat.
5. Allow the first coat to dry for 2-3 hours (2 hours min; 4 hours max).
6. Apply second coat of paint as above before the first coat is fully cured. Note: This point is very important as the paint performance is dependent upon film weight. The two coats have to bond to each other and so the first coat must not be fully cured when the second coat is applied. It is better to do one area at a time completely rather than the whole thing one day and the second coat the next.
Any self-applied coating is not covered by our warranty.